Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Nirvana


Installation of "Nirvana"
Jason Lazarus
D3PROJECTS
November 2007

Photographer friend and former student in a previous century, Jason Lazarus, began a project last spring asking friends and strangers to send him images of the person who introduced them to Nirvana. A group of these motley snapshots from the early 90's landed in Jason's solo exhibition that opened this month at D3PROJECTS in Los Angeles.

I sent Jason a pair of Polaroids of my high school "cover boyfriend," Dave, along with a short story about sexuality, friendship and painful transitions which you can find posted on my blog in July under "Break ups". Or you can decipher the story from my rough draft below, which gives you some idea of what my writing looks like until I sit down at the computer.

Dave is pictured above second from the right.



No comments: