Thursday, February 28, 2008

St. Paul, Minnesota

After we retrieved the car from the snowbank, I drove Emily back to her temporary home in St. Paul. She took off the winter head gear and put on lipstick, and I followed her around the house looking for some place with enough light to take pictures.

I told Emily she was like a force of nature - not like anyone I have ever met.

She once told me she never let things get confusing because she is not gay and that's not a nice thing to do to gay girls. And that's real love in my world and why we remain such great friends.

1 comment:

Evilyn Garnett said...

OMG---what amazing pics of Lefty (& moi, of course) Goofy, vital and a living contradiction to all that vast white emptiness.
When I first came to MN (in '89) I thought the ice shanties were squatter settlements were people lived. I thought, Damn, I knew there was a recession, but I didn't know it was that bad...shanty towns! I felt v. foolish when corrected.
Again, amazing pics...