Friday, April 24, 2009

June/July Sublet



I am leaving on June 11th to spend part of the summer in Austin and I'm looking for a good person or couple to sublet my apartment. I will return to New York on July 15th and I also have a place to stay in Brooklyn during the last week of July, so there are several possible scenarios.

My apartment could be available for one month from mid-June to mid-July, or available for both June and July. In the latter scenario, I could either share the space with the subletter for the beginning of June and one week in July, or I could potentially stay with friends if someone wants the space to themselves for both months.

About the apartment: It is located on Graham Avenue about five blocks from the Graham L-train (near Williamsburg/Greenpoint). It takes less than fifteen minutes to get to Union Square in Manhattan. It is a charming block with a laundromat, a bakery, a cafe, a nail salon, a hair salon, two delis, two vintage stores, a French restaurant, an Italian restaurant - everything you could possibly need.

The apartment is an older railroad on the third floor of a small building. There are three rooms - a kitchen, a living room, and a bedroom/office. Plus a little bathroom with a shower and a tub. The apartment gets sunlight on both ends as you can see from the photos above, and the general aesthetic is very retro.

There is a double bed in my bedroom as well as a futon that folds out into a double bed in the living room, so it is practical for extra guests.

Other amenities include: wireless internet, air conditioning, old tv/dvd player, stereo/music collection, art books, lots and lots of photos.

I would love to find a friend of a friend to stay here, or someone who can assure me they are entirely trustworthy and responsible. Artists, students, international visitors are all great.

Please pass this information along to someone who might be looking to spend part of the summer in New York.

Please contact me at my email address to discuss the dates and the cost of the sublet.

No comments: